Re: How to restrict package installation to x86_64

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 18:47:14 +0100
Rainer Duffner <rainer ultra-secure de> wrote:

> Why weren't the i386 libraries named as "compat-something"?

Because that wouldn't make any sense on i386.  Those are the exact same
packages from the i386 tree just copied into the x86_64 tree.

> When I do a rpm -qi _package_ it isn't even obvious, which one is
> which!

Use rpm -qi package.arch

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)