Re: include XEN kernel & tools in CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers wrote:
Hi all

I'm busy creating a custom CentOS installation CD to be used with cPanel, which basically needs a minimum installation of Linux, but I would also like to use Xen for VPS' on the server, and thought I could do both at the same time - automatically install my server to my needs, and install Xen (without needing to run "yum install xen kernel-xen virt-manager" every time).

So, my question is. How would I add those RPM's to the custom CentOS CD, and install them, and then setup grub.conf to use the Xen kernel upon reboot as well?

All you have to do is add the list of packages you regularly yum-install to your kickstart file:

For your dom0 (host OS):

%packages
kernel-xen
xen