include XEN kernel & tools in CentOS 5.1 kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Wed Feb 27 20:06:53 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Well, I only started playing with kickstart yesterday And my brain hurts
>> by now, but I'm learning a lot :)
>>

> 	That's nice ;)
>
>> How does it work? Do I copy all the rpm's I want to use to the CentOS
>> folder, and then run createrepo on that folder?
>>

> 	Yes, but first, you need to test dependencies in order to have
> "ALL REQUIRED" packages ;)
>
> 	After that, you can remove not needed ones. Usually one way to do
> that is to try installing to a different folder, not your system so you
> can keep rpm complaining of missing dependencies... and when everything is
> fine, then you can "createrepo" and master a custom cd.
>
> 	Are you using CentOS 5?
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

This is a bit above me.

I use SME 7.3  (which is built on CentOS 4.6) as inhouse production
server, and then I have my (soon to colocate) test server, which
currently runs CentOS 5.1 64.
How would I test an rpm on an already running system?

What I have done till now, is todo a base install, and then create only
use the files installed (as per /installation.log) in my new CD. There's
still quite a few programs that I don't need and could probably delete
them from the CentOS folder on the CD, but I still need to figure out
how these file are installed. I saw the repodata/comps.xml file, but
it's LONG, and have a lot of different languages, not some something I
can take on right now. It's almost easier to run something like "yum
remove {package-name} from the kickstart file

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com