How to rebuild an Anaconda initrd/kernel with updated drivers?

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Mon Jan 7 14:20:04 UTC 2008

	Hi
	Try with this "driverdisk --source=ftp://path/to/dd.img driverdisk
--source=http://path/to/dd.img driverdisk --source=nfs:host:/path/to/img
"  syntax, check first if it works with your particular release at the
documentation, if so, putting it at your kickstarting, would help.

	Regards
	Pablo

El lun, 07-01-2008 a las 08:46 -0500, Kennedy, Cameron escribió:
> If I use the 2nd option below, what is the syntax to have dd look in a
> place other than a floppy for the drivers?
> In other words, I have server with USB and Cd-rom only, and no usb
> floppy available, but I need to have the raid drivers installed at
> system build time. I tried using dd but only get the option for it to
> search a floppy for the drivers. I am using the bootimg from a rhel4.5
> cd and other than the lack of raid drivers, I can get the server built
> using kickstart via ftp option.
>
> If this is not possible, I can try option 1.
> Thanks for any ideas.

Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHCE/Global Profesional Services Consultant Spain
Phone: +34 645 01 01 49 (CET/CEST)
GnuPG KeyID: 0xFAD3CF0D

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens