append multiple ks.cfg and create the CD

Augusto Castelan Carlson accarlson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:04:36 UTC 2008

Hi!

Looking at the docs I sow that I have to add ks.cfg to the isolinux
dir to be able to use a kickstart file from the CD and how to build
the ISO image.

Searching the archives I also found how to add multiple files:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2005-September/msg00076.html

I appended to the CD the kickstart files and some additional RPMs that
I would like to install using the post install section of kickstart.

I have created the iso and successfully booted the CD. But it does not
find the kickstart file that I pointed in isolinux.cfg, and if I try
to install interactively, it says that the media is not a Fedora 8 CD.

--isolinux.cfg for one of the kickstart files
label testserver
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img ks=cdrom:/testserver.cfg

--I'm creating the iso with:
mkisofs -J -R -v -T -o ../cd.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c
isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table .

Any help?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
--