kickstart proxy

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Jan 29 23:12:17 UTC 2008

Kaj Niemi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 29, 2008, at 13:44, John Summerfield wrote:
>
>>> Had a quick look at the code and I would dare to say that it is only
>>> implemented
>>> in the interactive installs.  I don't see it in pykickstart and dont
>>> see it in
>>> the args that loader receives.  not 100% sure though, only 99% :)
>>
>> I'm going to resurrect a trick I employed for Taroon beta; it's
>> documented in the list's archives.
>

> I've used squid in reverse proxy mode. It works great if you're able to
> set the url in the kickstart file somehow.

I set a DNAT rule on an intermediate box.

Ordinarily I install from a local system on my LAN, so I've never needed
a proxy. This time, the target system's on the wrong side of a slow
wireless link and the Internet at large is faster. However, I wanted to
cache for reruns.

I can now report the proxy settings don't come up with an interactive
kickstart.

With taroon, the problem was a little different, Anaconda was using a
duff host: header, so I had to interpose a local Apache to fix it. I
don't recall a problem with proxy then, but perhaps I was doing an
interactive not-ks install off the RH servers, or perhaps I was using
transparent proxy.

--

Cheers
John