hostname lookup ...

Gerrard Geldenhuis Gerrard.Geldenhuis at datacash.com
Wed Jan 30 14:28:29 UTC 2008

Hi

I have written a script but it does not work as expected.

The script is a post script with nochroot.

I tested the dnsdomainname command in the console after my script failed
and saw that it returns localdomain.

Hostname and uname returns localhost.localdomain.

We want the time servers to be different depending on in which DC the
server is build...

Can anyone suggest a better method of doing what I am trying to achieve
here?

The script:

# Kickstart PRE Script

# Set time to ensure SSL RHN Activation can complete successfully

echo "starting time sync"

date

/mnt/sysimage/usr/sbin/ntpdate -b ntp.$(/bin/dnsdomainname)

/mnt/sysimage/sbin/hwclock --systohc

date

echo "time sync complete"

#backup old file

cp /mnt/sysimage/etc/ntp.conf /mnt/sysimage/tmp/ntp.conf.old

#create new config file

cat > /tmp/sysimage/etc/ntp.conf <<'EOF'

# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd

# ntpd will use syslog() if logfile is not defined #logfile
/var/log/ntpd

driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift

statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats filegen loopstats file
loopstats type day enable filegen peerstats file peerstats type day
enable filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable

EOF

echo "server ntp.$(/mnt/sysimage/bin/dnsdomainname)" >> /tmp/ntp.conf

echo "server ntp2.$(/mnt/sysimage/bin/dnsdomainname)" >> /tmp/ntp.conf

Regards