Redhat 5 Server - "Advanced"

Jos Vos jos at xos.nl
Tue Jul 1 14:54:05 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 03:36:47PM +0100, Jimmy Stewpot wrote:

> I am currently installing servers via the kickstart method without any
> problems. Traditionally we had different tree's for AS and ES to keep
> things simple. However now that we are starting to use Redhat Enterprise
> Server 5 it seems there is only one install media source. I am
> interested to install the Advanced platform so that we can use
> clustering and so on. The problem I am having is that its only a two
> socket server and when I register it using a key I don't get the option
> to specify Advanced instead of Server or whatever the new terminology is.
>
> How do you guys specify for an install to be advanced vs standard?

The key includes what subrepositories on the install media you'll
be using.  IIRC the keys belonging to standard subscriptions will
not let you access the cluster and GFS repositories.

Of course you technically can always install the corresponding RPM's
from the DVD later on.

--
--    Jos Vos <jos at xos.nl>