get buildinstall error trying to download a revisor image for kickstart install

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Jul 16 22:11:19 UTC 2008

Floydsmith at aol.com wrote:

> I am runing revisor on a f9-i386 trying get an upgrade image for such so
> I can make a custom kickstart install for such.
> During the revisor building phase I got:
> "Got an error from /usr/lib/revisor/scripts/F9-buildinstall (return code 1)"
> Does this mean I have to update some other pkg before starting the
> revsor - I used yum to upgrage revisor so I would think I should not
> have to that.
> I have revisor-2.1.1-5.fc9.noarch currently installed.

Revisor has it's own mailing list at
http://lists.fedoraunity.org/mailman/listinfo/revisor-users

Worthwhile to look through the archives as well, as the answer is
already there;

It has to do with hostname "localrepo" not resolving on end-user
systems, and the way Revisor, when calling buildinstall, does not take
this into account.

http://lists.fedoraunity.org/pipermail/revisor-users/2008-July/000670.html

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen