Redhat 5 Server - "Advanced"

Jimmy Stewpot squid at oranged.to
Tue Jul 1 14:36:47 UTC 2008

hello,

I am currently installing servers via the kickstart method without any
problems. Traditionally we had different tree's for AS and ES to keep
things simple. However now that we are starting to use Redhat Enterprise
Server 5 it seems there is only one install media source. I am
interested to install the Advanced platform so that we can use
clustering and so on. The problem I am having is that its only a two
socket server and when I register it using a key I don't get the option
to specify Advanced instead of Server or whatever the new terminology is.

How do you guys specify for an install to be advanced vs standard?

Regards,

Jimmy