Partitioning setup error during CentOS 5.2 setup as guest

Admin Admin qmt9z3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 14:48:33 UTC 2008

> > I am attempting a CentOS 5.2 guest install on
> Ubuntu
> > hardy. I have
> > lvm based partitions. When I attempt 'custom
> > partition' setup during
> > the domain creation. I get the following error:
>

> First guess (without too deep knowledge) - the
> CentOS installation process
> expects a partition table on the "disk", which is
> the LV at the Dom0 level.
>
> Try creating a partition table inside the LV.
>
> --Amos

Thanks for your response!

I thought this done via xen-create-image script.
I was able to access  partitions identified in
the (xen) config file and was able to assign the
mount lables (such as /, /usr, /var, etc) during
the install. When I try to leave the area of
'Creating Custom Paritions', I get the above error.

If what you are referring to is not the same as
the above, then could you please point me to some
documentation on how I can create parition table
inside the LV?

Thanks