Partitioning setup error during CentOS 5.2 setup as guest

Amos Shapira amos.shapira at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:24:53 UTC 2008

2008/7/31 Admin Admin <qmt9z3 at yahoo.com>

> Ok now I understand. What you are suggesting is
> already
> done in xen-create-image script. In fact, before I
> issued 'xm create' command, I have mounted one of the
> lvm partitions and copied the iso image onto it and
> I point to it during the install and the image is
> recognized.
>
> In other words all the partitions required for
> installation are setup in lvm and are accessible.
> Here is the part of xen config file corresponding
> to disk partitions:
>
> #  Disk device(s).
> #
> root        = '/dev/xvda2 ro'
> disk        = [
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-swap,xvda1,w',
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Root,xvda2,w',
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Usr,xvda3,w',
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Var,xvda4,w',
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2Tmp,xvda5,w',
>
> 'phy:/dev/VolGroup2/okraU1-LogVol2UsrLocal,xvda6,w',

Sorry, this is not what I meant. In the above configuration each Dom0 host
LV is seen as an entire physical disk by the DomU.
Apparently (guessing from the stack trace you included) Anaconda expects to
find a partition table on that physical disk.

Instead of the above, you should have one (or a couple) of LV's imported
into the DomU and have a partition table setup in it, just like you have on
the Dom0's own physical disk, for instance.

Cheers,

--Amos