How do I install a NIC driver image from the CD & a kickstart file?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Mar 2 13:10:42 UTC 2008

Hi

Does anyone know how todo this?
According to the CentOS 5 kickstart notes,
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/centos5/centos5_installation_guide/centos5_s1-kickstart2-options.html
I need to use the driverdisk option, but I can't get it to work The
motherboard I use is a Gigabyte GA-32MX-S2, which has the following NIC:
http://wiki.centos.org/HardwareList/CentOS5/RealTek/r1000
So, I saved the r1000-2.6.18_8.img file to the ISO image before I burned
it to a CD

Adding the line "driverdisk=r1000-2.6.18_8.img" to ks.cfg just gives me
an error.

Trying the option "expert" also gives me an error. So, how do I load a
NIC driver disk via the kickstart file?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers