Wrong packages being installed.

Hajducko, Steven steven.hajducko at digitalinsight.com
Thu Mar 13 00:35:17 UTC 2008

So we're trying to build a very minimal build that we then build upon to
form our systems.  I'm trying to get rid of alot of unecessary packages
that we don't require for our systems.

I'm running into a problem where the kickstart is still installing some
packages, even though I'm specifically telling it not too and the
package not being a required dependancy of any other package I'm
installing.

My kickstart is very, very basic for this testing:

install
cdrom
lang en_US
langsupport --default=en_US en_US
keyboard us
skipx
key ####
text
network --device eth0 --bootproto dhcp --hostname host.example.com
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=hda --append="rhgb quiet"
rootpw --iscrypted ##########
authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5
firewall --disabled
timezone America/Los_Angeles
selinux --disabled
clearpart --all --drives=hda
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size=128 --asprimary --ondrive=hda
part swap --size=12288 --asprimary
part pv.01 --size=100 --grow
volgroup rootvg pv.01
logvol / --fstype ext3 --vgname=rootvg --size=20480 --name=rootlv
reboot

%packages --nobase
@Core
-Deployment_Guide_en-US
-system-config-securitylevel-tui

The problem is, even with --nobase, I still keep getting the
Deployment_Guide and system-config-securitylevel-tui.

The system-config package is part of the Base group, so it shouldn't be
installed anyways.  The Deployment Guide is part of Core, but I'm
specifically telling it not to install.

What am I missing here?  Also, system-config-securitylevel-tui isn't
being brought in because of a requirement, it's just showing up.  You
can remove the package as soon as the system comes up.  It also doesn't
show in the anaconda.log as being added to fulfill a requirement.  It
just suddenly shows up in the log, because slang and newt do get added
due to a requirement that system-config-securitylevel has.

I do see an error in the log that 'no such package
system-config-securitylevel-tui', right after it tells me 'not adding
Base group'.

Any input to this would be greatly appreciated it.  I'd rather not muck
with post just to get some RPM's removed that should be taken care of
via the %packages section.

Steven Hajducko
Systems Engineer, Systems Integration
w: 818.597.6443   m: 805.377.9074
 <file://WLVCDC01/netlogon/emailSign_logo2.gif>

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for
the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution
recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies.