Stupid dependencies.. ?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 20:41:53 UTC 2008

Hajducko, Steven wrote:
> Is there a place to suggest better dependencies for future builds of
> RH? I'm not sure which list / bug tracking system I should be putting
> this into.

I would suggest bugging your support guys.

> For example,
>
> the core group lists authconfig as a mandatory package.
>
> authconfig requires rhpl, a package that contains python code used by
> other programs.

Lots of things, including rhn register (IIRC) use rhpl, so that's
reasonable.   It also contains some translation code.

> rhpl requires wireless-tools.

Not sure why that is, but that seems busted.   That being said, there
may be a good reason for it and perhaps someone
with more experience with rhpl can explain why.