please help, CentOS 5.1 kickstart installation looking for stuff from CD2???

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sat Mar 29 10:52:38 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	I suppose that you just copied the 1st install CD to a folder and
> try to kickstart from it, so it contains information about more "CD's" and
> dependencies are asking for Deployment_Guide which is on next CD... so it
> ask for it.
>
> 	If you just want an installation from one CD, you can REMOVE any
> package not needed nor it's dependencies, then run createrepo for updating
> the files used by anaconda/yum to setup packages and dependencies, and
> then, burn a CD with only those packages as well as the rest of the CentOS
> 5.1 CD except the RPMS folder as you'll be using yours.
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

Yes, I just copied cd.iso to a folder and removed a few things I didn't
want. Later on I'm going to add a few rpm's which I want to the
kickstart to copy to the installed system.
I currently have all the files on a SME 7.3 server (which runs on a
very  modified version of CentOS 4.6) so I don't know if the createrepo
command will work, or actually do what it's supposed todo.

Is there any way of sorting this out manually? I'm happy to edit the
files for the CD

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers