please help, CentOS 5.1 kickstart installation looking for stuff from CD2???

Pablo Iranzo Gómez Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 11:02:32 UTC 2008

	Rudi,

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Yes, I just copied cd.iso to a folder and removed a few things I didn't
> want. Later on I'm going to add a few rpm's which I want to the
> kickstart to copy to the installed system.
> I currently have all the files on a SME 7.3 server (which runs on a
> very  modified version of CentOS 4.6) so I don't know if the createrepo
> command will work, or actually do what it's supposed todo.

	You'll need :) createrepo updates files in repodata/ that are used
during installation.

> Is there any way of sorting this out manually? I'm happy to edit the
> files for the CD

	What I would do personally, if I were at your situation would be
to use reposync (in yum-utils) to take care of syncing needed packages,
for example:

	I would need joe, mc, screen, ssh, so I would ask reposync to sync
from a CentOS mirror those packages (and reposync will also download all
needed dependencies). In order to have a more real setup, I will install a
system with just:

	%packages --nobase to have the minimal files that @Core needs,
then will rpm -qa to know which ones are needed and add them to my
personal preference list in order to reposync to get the rest.

	At the end, reposync will have setup for me a copy of that repo
with just what I need and it's dependencies and run createrepo on them...
	(That's what cobbler does ;) )

	Regards
	Pablo