please help, CentOS 5.1 kickstart installation looking for stuff from CD2???

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Mar 30 10:44:14 UTC 2008

Pablo Iranzo Gómez wrote:
> 	Rudi,
>
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>
>> Yes, I just copied cd.iso to a folder and removed a few things I didn't
>> want. Later on I'm going to add a few rpm's which I want to the
>> kickstart to copy to the installed system.
>> I currently have all the files on a SME 7.3 server (which runs on a
>> very  modified version of CentOS 4.6) so I don't know if the createrepo
>> command will work, or actually do what it's supposed todo.
>>

> 	You'll need :) createrepo updates files in repodata/ that are used
> during installation.

Would this still work if the only other machine I have to my disposal to
setup the ISO (where I'm currently creating the kickstart file & ISO
file) is on a different OS & architecture?
For example, I'm writing & testing a kickstart for CentOS 5.1 x64, and I
only have 1 64bit PC at this stage. But our LAN server, as I said, runs
on SME 7.3, which is CentOS 4.6 i386 - will this make any difference?

>> Is there any way of sorting this out manually? I'm happy to edit the
>> files for the CD
>>

> 	What I would do personally, if I were at your situation would be
> to use reposync (in yum-utils) to take care of syncing needed packages,
> for example:
>
> 	I would need joe, mc, screen, ssh, so I would ask reposync to sync
> from a CentOS mirror those packages (and reposync will also download all
> needed dependencies). In order to have a more real setup, I will install a
> system with just:
>
> 	%packages --nobase to have the minimal files that @Core needs,
> then will rpm -qa to know which ones are needed and add them to my
> personal preference list in order to reposync to get the rest.
>
> 	At the end, reposync will have setup for me a copy of that repo
> with just what I need and it's dependencies and run createrepo on them...
> 	(That's what cobbler does ;) )
>
> 	Regards
> 	Pablo

Well, this is the thing. I already use "%packages --nobase " in my
kickstart file, which worked fine previously, without wanting to install
this particular rpm, but now it's looking for it on CD2. odd

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com