please help, CentOS 5.1 kickstart installation looking for stuff from CD2??? [SOLVED]

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Sun Mar 30 16:52:22 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> Rudi Ahlers wrote:
>> Pablo Iranzo G�mez wrote:
>>>     Rudi,

>>>     You'll need :) createrepo updates files in repodata/ that are used
>>> during installation.
>>>
>> Would this still work if the only other machine I have to my disposal
>> to setup the ISO (where I'm currently creating the kickstart file &
>> ISO file) is on a different OS & architecture?
>
> Er. Windows?
Ok, ok. Not windows, I meant different Linux flavours, say like Debian /
Slackware / etc?

>> For example, I'm writing & testing a kickstart for CentOS 5.1 x64,
>> and I only have 1 64bit PC at this stage. But our LAN server, as I
>> said, runs on SME 7.3, which is CentOS 4.6 i386 - will this make any
>> difference?
>
> Probably:-) AFAIk C4 repos work with C5.
>
> I don't believe the architecture is important, but the version of
> createrepo probably is. createrepo is noarch, so it can be installed
> anywhere you like, assuming you have the tools (and on SME I expect
> you have)
> rpm2cpio <createrepo....rpm | cpip --extract -d
>
> You could use that technique to put createrepo into an area within
> your local mirror and so, if needs be, have several different versions
> for several different repos.
thanx, this has worked well.

createrepo -g repodata/comps.xml . is that command I used and it works
quite well. Thank you very much :)

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers