how to install a custom XEN kernel & rpm's from kickstart?

Rudi Ahlers Rudi at SoftDux.com
Mon Mar 31 10:36:12 UTC 2008

Tom Brown wrote:

>> No, I don't have bandwidth to spare on downloading package xyz or abc
>> cause one guy says this, and another says that. I haven't done this
>> before, and I have a CentOS 5.1 x64 machine with very very little
>> installed, so I need to download a lot of stuff for it to work
>> probably. anyway, I'll look into it later, thank you
>>

> but by reading you'll find out what package to download without
> wasting bandwidth. If you have to pay for the transfer then its
> perhaps best to do a yum install rpm-build and find out what packages
> are required and then install these off the CD rather than from a
> repo. Or configure a local repo.

But you're implying that it's wrong to ask the question on a list where
I could possibly get a direct answer? With regard to configuring a local
repo, it's going to cost me a lot of money to download the full CentOS 5
repo. I know the DVD is 3GB, which will cost me a fortune, since I pay
per MB. Anyway, I'm not going to bother with it. OpenSuse 10.3 has a x64
rpm already so I'm going to use that instead. Thank you for your help

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com