Cross Intallation

Trung Chu-vu trungdatamovies at orange.fr
Wed May 7 15:22:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

We have an embedded system, based on PC cards and a hard disk, which will have to run without the use of keyboard, mouse or DVD-driver.

We have managed to install Fedora 8 on it. For that, we plugged a keyboard, a mouse and a DVD driver on this embedded machine, and we followed the Fedora installation process.
At the end of the installation, we retrieved the anaconda-ks.cfg file generated by anaconda.

Now, we want to industrialize the configuration for those machines.
To do so, we would like to install and configurate Fedora on the hard disk of those machines directly from a PC, plugging the hard drive with an USB rack.
This way, we won't need our embedded machine anymore to do our installation.

We would like, somehow, to do a "cross installation" of Fedora 8. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Trung CHU-VU