Setting up a non standard environment

Matt Milliss matt_milliss at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 22:51:35 UTC 2008

I'm using a kickstart script to install fedora 8 with gnome on all desktops in my organisation. There are 2 things I would like to automatically setup but don't quite know how. We have many applications and I would like to add launchers to the top panel for these applications, at the moment I do this manually but would like to find out if there is a way to have this happen automatically, possibly using skel or something similar. I'd also like to change the default behaviour of the file browser (nautilus?) without having to manually perform the steps for every install. Is there a way that this can be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated as it would save me lots of time.

Cheers
Matt