Using kickstart to resize existing LVM partitions during a rebuild

Barry O'Rourke barry at orodor.org.uk
Fri Nov 7 16:25:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

My initial plan was to do it the way you suggest but it seems that doing
an online resize of the root partition doesn't agree with fsck when it
reboots, the majority of test hosts forced us in to single user mode to
run fsck by hand.

In theory that would work out perfectly if we were building the machines
ourselves as we could run the script and the rebuild without rebooting
into the OS, but we are planning to allow our users to rebuild at a time
that suits them using a grub rebuild option. Thats how we came up with
the idea of resizing during kickstart.

Barry