miscellaneous

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Sat Nov 8 01:01:14 UTC 2008

Hey I found the answers to some questions through trial/error and internet.
Thought I would share them.

1. If you add a label (say mylabel) to isolinux.cfg then to access that label
   during install, you don't say "linux mylabel" but simply "mylabel".  For
   instance here if you add

    label mylabel
      kernel vmlinuz
      append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 ks=cdrom:myks.cfg

2. For %post (and %pre ?) there is a way to pass parameters.  Say you have
   the above (from #1).  If you say "mylabel install=cdma parm"
   from your %post (and maybe %pre though I did not try it) there will be
   a file available called /proc/cmdline.  The contents will be something like
   initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 ks=cdrom:myks.cfg install=cdma parm
   which you will have access to.

Again sorry if you knew this already but no one seemed to when I asked.