Anaconda not looking for the right package

Ugo Bellavance ugob at lubik.ca
Tue Nov 4 16:43:02 UTC 2008

Kyle Powell a écrit :

> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>> url --url http://192.168.x.x/pxe/rhel564
>
> Since sysklogd-1.4.1-39.2 is the version of sysklogd that shipped with RHEL 5.0
> (I can find no record of a sysklogd-1.4.1-32.2, are you sure it didn't report
> "The file sysklogd-1.4.1-39.2.x86_64.rpm cannot be opened"?), my suspicion is
> you have some old files from RHEL 5.0 at http://192.168.x.x/pxe/rhel564.
> Specifically primary.xml.gz, which is what tells anaconda what package versions
> it should use. Go to the host (192.168.x.x) and check the contents of the
> pxe/rhel564/repodata directory. Check the md5sums of the files.
>
> If they're the older versions, you can grab the correct versions from the RHEL
> 5.2 iso.

They're the right version on the filesystem, but when I access them via
apache, the files are totally different.  The change I did is that I
mounted the 5.2 iso instead of the 5.0.  I restarted httpd a few times
since, but I'm confused about what could that happen.  I've deleted my
browser cache and I'm not going through a proxy.

Any idea why that could happen?

Thanks,

Ugo