Issue With Packages Section

William J. Dennison william_dennison at sra.com
Wed Nov 12 23:35:55 UTC 2008

Let me be more specific

The 3 packages (rpms) exist in an "extra" "local" repository that Cobbler
offers to Kickstart. If the command "yum install tomcat" for example is
given, the rpm for tomcat is accessed and installed correctly. If tomcat is
placed in the Kickstart file, Tomcat is installed, but the rc.d directory is
not populated with a chkconfig'ed link and the start file inside /etc/init.d
is created but empty.

Again if I run the yum command after the machine is completed it's load, all
works correctly. Kickstart is somehow not running the installation script
correctly or maybe there is a permission problem, I am at a loss.

--
William J. Dennison
Principal Consultant
Email: william_dennison at sra.com