package installation ordering problem

Yishai Hadas Yishai.Hadas at aladdin.com
Wed Nov 26 15:26:41 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'm using Red Hat EL3.

I face a problem via kickstart installation that for now I don't find
its solution.

*         The ln utility is part of coreutils-4.5.3-28.1.i386.rpm

*         The ln utility is used in a post script in other rpm of my ISO
installation.

*         In pkgorder  coreutils rpm appears before the second rpm so
that ln should exist when the second rpm is installed.

*         I have used the /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist
--withnumbers -fileorder option to create hdlist & hdlist2 based on
mentioned pkgorder

*         The coreutils rpm is part of @Core group mentioned in my
comps.xml

*         The second rpm is part of other group from comps.xml.

*         In ks.cfg I put explicitly @Core at the %packages section and
also the package coreutils itself as follows:

o   %packages

o   @Core

o   coreutils

o   ..

The problem:

Looking at the end of installation at the install.log under the root
directory:

coreutils is installed after the second rpm and ln command is failed as
it doesn't exist yet.

I have changed in the pkgorder file coreutils to be the first rpm and
changed also other rpms order and it seems that the change affects other
rpms but not coreutils.

My questions:

*         What is the package installation logic/order that is used by
anaconda ?

*         How can I get/save an extra logging via installation ?

o   Can someone supply any bash script that will be part of ks.cfg that
will help here.

*         Any other idea ?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yishai.

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.
** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **