Forcing a disk rescan after %pre

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Oct 1 11:57:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

We are integrating some pre-install scripts. One of the things we have now
is that in the %pre phase the HW RAID controller is tested for "Virtual
disks" and if none are found it will create a RAID config depending on the
number of disks found.

The problem is that even when we created the RAID, restarted the RAID
driver and created the device node (fdisk -l shows the new disk). Anaconda
does not know about the new disk, likely because the scan for disks
happened before.

I found a file /tmp/scsidisks and also rewrite that file, but still
Anaconda does not update its view of the system after the %pre.

Does someone know how we can make Anaconda understand that we created a
disk in the %pre ?