Forcing a disk rescan after %pre

Hi,

We are integrating some pre-install scripts. One of the things we have now is that in the %pre phase the HW RAID controller is tested for "Virtual disks" and if none are found it will create a RAID config depending on the number of disks found.

The problem is that even when we created the RAID, restarted the RAID driver and created the device node (fdisk -l shows the new disk). Anaconda does not know about the new disk, likely because the scan for disks happened before.

I found a file /tmp/scsidisks and also rewrite that file, but still Anaconda does not update its view of the system after the %pre.

Does someone know how we can make Anaconda understand that we created a disk in the %pre ?
--
--   dag wieers,  dag wieers com,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --