Holding configuration information

Shabazian, Chip Chip.Shabazian at bankofamerica.com
Fri Sep 5 17:20:10 UTC 2008

You can write to a ramdisk in %pre and access it in %post, but you have
to remember to unmount it in %pre or it won't be available.

It may be a two step process, but if the box is up, you can log on, get
you config information backed up and copied to another server, then
simply wget that config information in the %post.  I would probably do
this at least the first few times, just to make sure I had a good backup
of everything I needed and no more.