Problem with updated driverdisk not being used

Martin Sivak msivak at redhat.com
Wed Apr 15 10:28:49 UTC 2009

Hello Pat,

yes, your idea is right on. Anaconda needs to load the network driver to access your kickstart file and even to access the driver disc. And it is not possible to replace earlier loaded driver using driverdisc.

If you need to use updated NIC driver, avoid using network before the driver disc gets loaded. Which leaves you the options of "linux dd" or using driverdisc autodetection (just set the driverdisc's label to "oemdrv").

Martin Sivak
Anaconda team