adding commands to installer image

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:00:08 UTC 2009

I have a need to run some standard commands during the kickstart
install some during
the pre script some after.
These programs are not in the current installer images.  Is there a
way to add custom
programs or applications to the installer image?

Reasoning behind the request (so maybe someone can come up with a
better method).

1) The systems that are being installed arrive with the time set to
some local time that is unknown but we want it set
   to UTC.  This needs to be set prior to installing any RPM packages
as some of the post install creates files that
   are timestamped in the future.
2) We have a vendor supplied tool that runs under Linux that allows us
to set the BIOS and ipmi settings from a script.
    We use bootloader settings that if the BIOS settings don't match
it hangs in the Grub loader.

Both of the above happen enough that with our manufacturing process I
would like to get these automated.

Thanks for your time.