Req: post installation help

Hugh Brown hbrown at divms.uiowa.edu
Sun Aug 16 14:34:33 UTC 2009

parwar shah wrote:
> Hello,
> i m working on a kickstart based installation system
> In post installation script i m making a dir(CD) in /tmp folder and after thati want to mount the dvd in the /tmp/CD folder i usedmount -o ro /dev/cdrom /tmp/CD/
> and its not performing and if i want tostart any service like " service dhcpd start  "so when the installation finishes so the mount and service both options are not performing ...
> Any help will be highly appreciable sorry my english is not good
>

> SHAH

Verify that /dev/cdrom exists before you mount it.

One trick that might be useful is to set your %post script to be "sleep 2h"

Then you can switch to a shell on the installed system and try the
commands you want to run by hand and troubleshoot why they aren't
working.  There's usually a shell on tty2 (Alt-F2).

Hugh