kickstart from cdrom w/o network connection

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 10:47:26 UTC 2009

I have a working kickstart network installation that has a custom
group with all my additional packages in. I now need to install the
same set of packages to a machine which is not on the network. I've
created a dvd iso from the working file tree, with ks.cfg in the top
directory. I'm testing this under vmware at the moment.

when i boot from the cd, with parameter ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg, the install
process begins, the disks are formatted. If I have a valid network
configured the installer tries to contact the local fedora mirror, and
eventually tells me it can't find the requested group and would i like
to install anyway. if i have no network configured then it prompts me
to configure the network. if i have an invalid network configured (i.e
on the wrong subnet), i get a message about an invalid configuration
and am given an option to edit, which prompts to add a repository.

How do I get the installer to only look on the cdrom, and not try to
contact other repositories?

This is for a fedora 11 install, in case that matters.

Thanks and regards,

Chris