Results of a test of pykickstart with fedora-electronics-lab lickstart

Shreyank Gupta shreyankg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:40:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am working with a web application to build custom variants of
Fedora. I am using pykickstart for the purpose.

I was running a test with fedora-livedvd-electronic-lab.ks in the
spin-kickstarts package.

I read the kickstart and then dumped it into a kickstart file. I have
attached my script and the output ks.

The fedora-livedvd-electronic-lab.ks includes a base template
fedora-live-base.ks. As pykickstart reads the template it tries and
combines data from both the template and the child and should
_ideally_ override the data in the parent kickstart file with the data
in the child kickstart file.

I found two problems:

1. The out.ks file includes a directive
> %include fedora-live-base.ks

which it should not as it already has data from the parent kickstart file.

2. While running the script I get the warning:

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/pykickstart/commands/partition.py:249:
UserWarning: A partition with the mountpoint / has already been
defined.
  warnings.warn(_("A partition with the mountpoint %s has already been
defined.") % pd.mountpoint)

The out.ks file contains two partition directives
part / --fstype="ext4" --size=3072 #from the parent KS
part / --size=8192 #from the child KS

which should not be the case as the part directive in the child ks
should override the part directive of the parent ks.

Any comments?

--
Peace and Love,
Shreyank Gupta