RHEL5 - copy files from DVD during %post

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Wed Jan 14 17:40:46 UTC 2009

So, I've read that anaconda got broke in RHEL5, and it ejects the DVD
too early.  I found a post about creating a new stage2.img with a couple
of lines in dispatch.py swapped which is supposed to fix this.  I did
that, and wound up with a DVD that is ejecting right after the SCSI
drivers load!

I really need to be able to copy files from the DVD during %post  What
is the correct incantation to make this happen?

Thanks...