RHEL5 - copy files from DVD during %post

Kennedy, Cameron Cameron.Kennedy at bovislendlease.com
Tue Jan 20 14:13:33 UTC 2009

I may have completely missed the mark with your question, because I
don't have any issues with the following in my kickstart script:

%post
mkdir /mnt/cdrom
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
rsync -rv /mnt/cdrom/LL_Extras /root
HOSTNAMETMP=SERVERNAME
cp /mnt/cdrom/ks..tar.gz /root/LL_Extras/.
umount /mnt/cdrom

Basically I use this to copy various saved files, SUN JAVA installs and
so on from my custome DVD I make. By custom, all I do is add ks files,
server saved files and an LL_EXTRAS folders which has a bunch of
installation programs that I need. Right now, that totals about 500MB in
size.

I don't modify any stage2.img file or make any changes to the standard
RHEL DVD files. I use this in RHEL4.x through 5.2 without issues.
Regards,