cdrom issue

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Fri Jan 23 20:53:09 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:38:22AM -0600, Gerald Waugh wrote:
> On CentOS4 we mounted the install cdrom in %post
> And copied some files over to the hard drive.
> This does not work with CentOS5.2
>
> %post --nochroot
> # Mount CDROM
> /usr/bin/mkdir /mnt/source
> # /usr/bin/mount /tmp/cdrom /mnt/source
> /usr/bin/mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/source
>
> # Move PKGS Over to /tmp/PKGS
> /usr/bin/mkdir /mnt/sysimage/tmp/PKGS
> /usr/bin/cp -Rp /mnt/source/PKGS/* /mnt/sysimage/tmp/PKGS >/dev/null
> 2>&1
>
> # Unmount CDROM
> /usr/bin/umount /mnt/source
>
> %post
> # Run post install script
> /tmp/finish_install.sh

There is a problem with the RHEL5 anaconda that tries to eject the
CD-ROM before %post  I've found a couple of "fixes" that result in a
message telling me I have no CD inserted :-(

With VMware, I've been able to 'mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom' instead of
/dev/cdrom

You can also replace the contents of %post with "sleep 99999"  The
install will "hang" when it gets there.  You can Alt-F2 to see messages,
and Alt-F3 to get to a sh shell.  With that, you can poke around and see
what's what.