%traceback section in config file?

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 22:10:30 UTC 2009

Kyle Powell wrote:

I'm really not sure I can use it anyway.

Reason I was asking -- James Laska and Bill Peck added some nice
Anaconda monitoring code from a previous provisioning system to Cobbler,
so we do now have a way for folks to do a whole bunch of logging of
various Anaconda things remotely if they want. I'm not sure if this
ultimately proves useful in extending that or not, but I figured I would
ask.

(Look at the devel branch in git, not the stuff in Fedora/EPEL)

I also want to do a better remote status implementation, so I can say
"show me all my systems that are installing in my lab/datacenter and
what's up with them". Right now we have that, but it's based on their
start time and whether they've finished. Spacewalk has another
implementation that provides more granularity, I used to have a
mod_python filter handler one (before various API things broke it, and
it was unreliable anyway), but maybe I'll rewrite it someday.

Anyhow, I think tracebacks would be nice, but then again a failure in
post doesn't trigger a traceback, so it's not that common either.

Still, good to know.

--Michael