%traceback section in config file?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 13:13:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 17:10 -0500, Michael DeHaan wrote:

> I also want to do a better remote status implementation, so I can say
> "show me all my systems that are installing in my lab/datacenter and
> what's up with them". Right now we have that, but it's based on their
> start time and whether they've finished. Spacewalk has another
> implementation that provides more granularity, I used to have a
> mod_python filter handler one (before various API things broke it,
> and
> it was unreliable anyway), but maybe I'll rewrite it someday.

I'm anxious for your input here.  I'm not yet sure of the best method to
plug anamon (anaconda monitor) into this.

>  Anyhow, I think tracebacks would be nice, but then again a failure in
> post doesn't trigger a traceback, so it's not that common either.

Among lots of other files in /tmp, the anaconda monitoring code will
send back a /tmp/anacdump.txt if encountered by your installing system.

Thanks,
James

 James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com
 Quality Engineering -- Red Hat, Inc.