Problem with kickstarts on rhel4u6

James Cammarata jimi at sngx.net
Wed Jul 1 21:49:40 UTC 2009

Hi all, I'm having a problem with kickstarts on with RHEL4u6.  The
kickstart I'm using is essentially the default one provided with cobbler,
with a few extras added in.  The problem manifests as follows:

1) Kickstart begins, completes phase 1 (or what I call phase 1 anyway)
2) After it prints "...starting text mode", the install pauses.  Switching
to VTY 3, I see that it is sitting at a parted prompt.
3) Typing quit at the parted prompt causes the kickstart to proceed.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  Is this something specific to
RHEL4u6?  I don't think the issue lies with the kickstart file, as I use
essentially the same template (especially the partitioning snippets) for
RHEL5 without issue.

Thanks,

James C.

believed to be clean.