PCI Devices ( NIC ) Enumerated on RHEL5 ( latest )

Linux Geek linux.mether at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 09:55:32 UTC 2009

Hello,

I am trying to install RHEL5.3 on a system with multiple Network interfaces.
While installation the network device names are not read in correct/expected
order. I set the ksdevice as eth0 ( using ksdevice=eth0 at boot prompt )
however the installer tries to acquire IP for eth2 device. I have tried
using "pci=bfsort" with now luck which I believe is due its applicability on
few systems.

Disabling devices in BIOS din't help either.

Is there any way to get this wroking ?

Thanks.