kickstart question...

Srinivas Satyavarpu srs at redhat.com
Fri Jul 10 21:41:18 UTC 2009

Hello

One of my customer is wanting to set up a root disk mirroring using
software raid. He wants to use satellite server / kickstart profile to
achieve the same.

I believe one can do a combination of %pre script as well as
partitioning disk section in the kickstart file to achieve root disk
mirroring.

But my customer wants to keep the kickstart profile fairly generic and
hence cannot contain specific disk names like /dev/sda or /dev/hda
because the kickstart profile has to work on multiple systems.

Can some one please suggest how one can achieve the above using some
sort of %pre script. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thx
Srini

--
http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2009/