-----Original Message-----
From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com
[mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Jeroen van
Meeuwen
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:33 AM
To: Discussion list about Kickstart
Subject: Re: --hostname not applied to system

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
Hi there,

with Fedora 10 GA i386, I've found that

network --bootproto=dhcp --device=eth0 --onboot=yes --hostname=host.domain.tld

isn't always applied to the installed system. The installed system
would
come up with localhost.localdomain as the hostname.

 From the cobbler mailing list, it seems that this is an issue in EL5 as

well.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen