USB devices not being seen in anaconda during RHEL4 kickstart

Bryan J Smith bjs at redhat.com
Sat Mar 14 00:23:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-14 at 09:14 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
> ??
> I don't understand that. _How_ did it fail?

Is he saying he was using GRUB from RHEL 5 that loads from a RHEL 5
root/usr to boot a RHEL 4 kernel/initrd in another partition and it
failed?

That sounds more like an issue with GRUB configuration than a failure of
RHEL 5 v. 4 GRUB.  I.e., did he change the booting reference for RHEL 4
to the correct boot/root slice (partition)?  And not leave it the same
for RHEL 5?

--
Bryan J Smith     Senior Consultant    Red Hat GPS SE US
mailto:bjs at redhat.com         +1 (407) 489-7013 (Mobile)