NetworkManager?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Thu Mar 26 19:08:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Frank Kimbell wrote:

> To: kickstart-list at redhat.com
> From: Frank Kimbell <raqnerd at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: NetworkManager?
>
> Does anyone know how to disable the NetworkManager in
> anaconda kickstarts? I've been reading through the python
> sources, but don't really find anything.
>
> Like Virginian said, I also turn off NetworkManager in a
> normal system, and let the network be handled by the
> init.d/network. I don't like NetworkManager. I turn that
> off using chkconfig off or del.
>
> Surely, I can turn this off in a kickstart somehow?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you!

Well I don't think you want to turn off NM at the start of
the installation. It's used to configure eth0 or whatever so
you can do things like linux ks=http://server/ks.cfg

But on F10 you can stop NM from being installed with:

%packages

# Don't install NetworkManager
-NetworkManager

%end

Doesn't seem to break anything either :)

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.php-debuggers.net