changing module load order

I’m stuck getting a newer Ethernet card working with an older version of centos. I’ve put the r8168 module into my initrd, and the module gets loaded. However it loads AFTER anaconda seems to start the network detection portion.

I’m trying to do headless installs using a remote kick start file, which in this case, can’t be reached. I’d love if anyone has any ideas on how I can adjust module load order, or let me know what to look into next. It almost sounds like I need to recompile the loader?

Thanks,

Joel