more Out of memory process 564 (loader) killed install pristine core 10

Floydsmith at aol.com Floydsmith at aol.com
Wed May 6 21:36:01 UTC 2009

I have verified that the problem is with anaconda 11.4.1.62 by doing the
following:
I used a linux bunner app to create image file /042009/images/install.img
(on partition /dev/sda4) from my cheapbytes (pristine - NO customization)
Fedora core 10 DVD.
I then tried to install using a kickstart file with install line:
# Use hard drive installation media
harddrive --dir=/042009/images/install.img --partition=sda4
The out of memory message occurs as the loader attempts to load the image.
Then, to make sure that I don't have a bad install.img file from my bunner
app I burned this exact same image back onto another DVD.
Then, to prove that it is an anaconda issue (but ONLY with hard drive
installs) I made ONE AND ONLY ONE change: I changed the install method line in
the exact same kickstart file to:
# Use CDROM installation media
cdrom
I made sure to use exactly the same boot up method which is linld batch
script (on a VFAT fs disk) using kernel & initrd files that I had extracted
previously from my pristine fedora core 10 image - this how I have done this
many times in the past.
The result is this image installs with the CDROM method after putting the
DVD in the drive when prompted.
Floyd,

Big savings on Dell’s most popular laptops. Now starting at
$449!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221827510x1201399090/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214663377%3B36502382%3Bh)