network driver CentOD 4.5

tony.chamberlain at lemko.com tony.chamberlain at lemko.com
Wed May 13 14:18:49 UTC 2009

I installed a Dell machine.  When I do the neat (network configuration) to
configure the ethernet interface, none is listed.  That is OK.  I simply
downloaded linux-3.92n.zip, untarred, did a make, make install and modprobe
and then added the network.

Problem:  You have to do this after installation.  So if I have a Dell kickstart
file on, say, 192.168.5.15/dell-ks.cfg I can't specify at installation

   linux ks=http://192.168.5.15/dell-ks.cfg

becuase there is no dhcp since there is no network driver, which has to be
installed after Linux installation.

There should be some way I can install the network driver or somehow tell
anaconda to use it when it is doing Linux install, but I do not know how.
Is there?