RE: tar.gz installation

If the system is up on the network, you can use wget to copy the tar.gz file to the system, then run your install.

Alternatively, you can always package your .tar.gz file into an RPM.  That would be the best way to go.

Chip

From: kickstart-list-bounces redhat com [mailto:kickstart-list-bounces redhat com] On Behalf Of Pablo Bernasconi
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 11:58 AM
To: kickstart-list redhat com
Subject: tar.gz installation

Hi everyone,

I ve just subscribed to the list. I have little experience in doing kickstart files and I have a problem to solve.

I need to install a blabla.tar.gz by the kickstart file. Anyone could help me???
How do I move the tar.gz file to the system so then in the %post section (I supouse) do:

tar -xvzf blabla.tar.gz
./configure
make
make install