Re: Grabbing user input in the %pre section using the python snack library

James Cammarata wrote:
In my opinion, kickstarts should be completely automated with no user
input.  I'd recommend looking into a provisioning system like Cobbler,
which allows you to setup all the information about the system your
building before the kickstart begins.

They're both useful techniques, depending on your workflow. I wouldn't say always use one or the other.

Eric.